One of the best ways, to add pleasure to your garden, is to add garden furniture. Whatever the type of backyard you have, it can be made more attractive with rustic garden furniture. Below are 10 ideas to help you choose which particular type is suitable for your garden.
1. Choose whether your garden will look better with modern or traditional furniture, just because you want to have rustic garden furniture, it doesn’t have to be traditional. There are plenty of companies producing modern designs in traditional materials.
2. Decide what you are going to use your furniture for. Are you going to be sitting to enjoy the beauty of your garden or for entertaining friends and family? Will you need extra chairs and tables, for card games or afternoon tea, or just relaxing.
3. Where are you going to put your new rustic garden furniture? Are you a sun worshipper, or do you prefer the shade? Is it going to get more use by the pool, or at the end of the garden amongst the scented roses, in complete privacy? Perhaps you need to put it by the childrens’ play area, so that you can keep an eye on them?
4. Are you going to have to keep moving the pieces to other areas, when mowing the lawn or following the sun. If you only have room for one set of rustic garden furniture which has to be moved around, make sure that it’s not too heavy to move.
5. If you are going to have several sitting areas, will you want to have the same type of furniture for each area, or would different styles and materials look more attractive? Only you can decide, so it’s worth spending some time, walking and looking at your garden, at different times of the day, before deciding.
6. Would any permanent furniture pieces look better in stone or wood? Bear in mind, that although stone can look attractive, you will need cushions to achieve any sort of comfort and if the furniture is situated on grass,you will need to trim round it in a formal garden.
7. Are you looking for the elegance of classic styling? If so, then why not consider wrought iron. These days it is available in many different styles and shapes, as well as an abundance of beautiful colours. Rustic garden furniture of this type, will really set off a classical garden, as well as bringing lightness and airiness to your garden.
8. How much are you able to spend on your garden furniture? Wooden tables, chairs, benches etc., come in a number of different woods including pine, cedar and teak? You can also buy furniture in wicker, cane and rattan. Deciding which is right for you, depends on whether you wish to invest in something that will last for a long time, or will need changing after a few years.Pine, Wicker and Rattan, doesn’t last long outside, and will need storing inside for the winter.
9. If going for long lasting, wooden garden furniture, should you choose Cedar or Teak. Well made furniture of both these woods, will last for a very long time, with only a little maintenance. Being hard woods, they are resistant to warping and splintering as well as insect infestation.
10. Take good care of your garden furniture and it will repay you for many seasons. Teak Oil will return the wood to its as new appearance, but all furniture should be checked for chips and splinters and cleaned when necessary.Of course in a traditional cottage garden, some wear and tear adds to the ambiance of the garden.
Whatever you choose, enjoy your garden for many seasons and many years. If you would like more ideas for rustic garden furniture, why not visit Perennial Flower Garden Ideas [http://www.janesjems.com].
Indonesia Outdoor Furniture by Florrie Bunda