Cycling makes life easy. It allows you to squeeze in between vehicles during heavy traffic, helps you exercise, gives you pleasure while riding, and more. But taking it with you in the car when you travel long distances might be difficult unless you have the right bike rack for bikes. You can have the rack positioned in so many ways in your car. You can also find it in the streets along with other street furniture such as steel bollard, telephone booth, bench, light poles, and more.
There are various types of bike racks and the most common ones are:
– Hitch mount racks. These racks hold on to the top tube of the bike with the wheels suspended in the air. They are advantageous because they make the bike easier to load and they don’t cause drag.
– Rooftop racks. These are ideal for vehicles with a rooftop luggage rack and cross bars.
– Truck bed racks. There are designs of these bike racks that allow both bike wheels to stay on while others would require the removal of the front wheels to be accommodated by the carriers.
– Hitch ball mount racks with towing. These are good for those that have a receiver hitch with a towing ball placed in it. You don’t need to get rid of the towing ball just to place your bike rack when you have this type of rack.
Here are some of the advantages of using bike racks:
– It is convenient. In the past, those who would like to bring their bikes somewhere had to disassemble it before they can bring it in their cars. The wheels had to be removed from the chassis so the bike can fit into the car. This means that you have to disassemble before leaving and assemble it upon arriving at your destination. If you are trying to get the most out of your trip, then this is not the right way to do it. Good thing there are modern bike racks that are very convenient to use. You can just easily put your bike on them.
– It makes travelling easy. There are various kinds of bike racks in the market. You can find one that is easy to install in your vehicle and allows you to maximize the space available. The right kind of stand would make travelling with your bike less challenging. For instance, you can choose to have a stand placed on the trailer hitch or at the rooftop. You no longer need to share your bike’s space with the other passengers in your car. This also means that you can have more room for more people, which can help save on your transportation cost.
Just like how bike racks for vehicles are advantageous to their owners, parking bollards also give a lot of benefits to the public. For one, they offer security to the bikes that are parked and locked to these bollards.
Indonesia Outdoor Furniture by Roz V Visarra